The List: Mantras, thoughts, justifications and goals
1) Freedom, I am free, I am healthy, the world is my oyster.
2) Money and wealth is relevant. Working in London I earn, but I spend. I could live on a lot less for a year and accomplish a lot more.
3) I want to help. I want to volunteer my time to those who need it. Perhaps in the long term. I can also continue to raise awareness and money for good causes through cycling.
4) I want to form my own opinions about the world we live in, through my eyes and the stories of others I meet.
5) I want an adventure, the world is vast, why wouldn’t I explore it? On a bike, I can see the faces of people I pass, the dirt on every mile I travel, smell the crops grown, native plants, smog. Columbus could do it, why can’t I?
6) I should learn other languages- English is not enough.
7) Now is a good time, practically, from a professional & personal perspective.
8) You have as much to lose by not going as you do by going, probably more.
Taken from blog Moving to Two Wheels, a bit more than the morning commute.